Blue Ridge Autumn

I took three attempts to take this photo. The first two times I was interrupted by incoming sound of the car. One time from the south, another time from the north. Both have the same curve as you see in this photo, so you could not see the car, you hear it first, then it shows up and they drive at least 40+ miles/hour on this mountain road. So I did what any sane person would do, grabbed my tripod and walked off the parkway… of course for some folks me being on the parkway taking photos might not sound as being sane…but hey if not, then you would not be able to see this photo…someone has to do it.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Purchase Limited Edition print of this photo

This entry was posted in Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Blue Ridge Autumn

1. i know what you mean…someone has to do it :-) great shot!

2. traveller858 says:

Fabulous shot. I loved that drive when I did it some years ago.

3. Great shot, great colours, great light…and Oh! how we take ‘risks’ for our art!

4. Mike says:

I feel like I’m standing there with you, outstanding clarity,

5. xerith says:

Nice. I did something similar in urban area… to scared of all the cars and didn’t really succeed… Haha

6. kalabalu says:

very nice ..but be careful..post a picture is good..but don’t get posted..

7. Diana says:

Lovely long shadows

8. Paul Cahill says:

Way to stay quick on your feet.

9. jazzersten says:

Very beautiful with all the fall colors. Good composition too.

10. mldiggs says:

Great shot…glad you kept your ears about you !!

11. Rosie says:

Well I think it’s pretty sane for a photographer :P Love it!!

12. NikkiAnne says:

Thanks for taking the risk, Dmitrii…..the result was worth it! And pity the poor souls in too big of a hurry to slow down and enjoy the beauty.

13. Excellent shot! You took a risk and it was worth it!

14. I did enjoy it, thanks for taking it!

15. Dmitrii says:

thanks guys! appreciate your comments. and just for the record, it was not that bad as I made it sound, there were plenty of time to clear the road

16. Jane Lurie says:

Wish I had gotten up there this fall… gorgeous vistas from the parkway. Great shot, Dmitrii!

17. Pingback: Blue Ridge Autumn « Painting, Pizza and Perugino

18. Hi there, thank you for you like on my blog post about Cinque Terre….I LOVE your blog and photos and have now followed you….I would love it if you would come over to my blog and follow me….thank you so much…

19. Well worth the risk! Beautifully done!

20. trishwp says:

I love Fall photos. i think the very colors, themselves, are testimonies of the beauty of God reflected for all to see. Thanks for sharing this with us, Dmitrii

21. hellwheeler says:

Insane or not ………… this is a beautiful shot m8. Really really nice.

22. miltonjohns says:

What amazing colours. I love the composition of this shot. Well done for taking the risk.

23. Charlie says:

nice shot – I really have to visit the Blue Ridge Mountains and that whole area one day – I have friends in Charlottesville too!

24. The colors are perfect here. I would love to see it in black and white, too!

25. orisphoto says:

All your work is trully stunning, I’ll follow you! :)