It Never Stops Here

Entire blogs are dedicated to New York City and there is always something new can be said or seen about this city. I have a few photos from it too and will continue to share them as I get through processing them. I think this is a third one this week.

This photo was taken at around 11:30PM, we were walking back to hotel and I was trying to capture the mood of the place. The never stopping, constantly on the move, with so many people, moving, standing taking pictures, taxi cars whisking by. One big living organism. In this late hour it was as busy as would not even get busy in most other cities during their rush hour.

This entry was posted in D800, HDR, NY, NYC and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to It Never Stops Here

1. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    A fantastic photo on NY. Your photo does capture how fast paced this city is, the city that never sleeps. :)
    I have never had the pleasure of seeing NYC but it is on the bucket list. :)

2. Dizzy just looking!

3. Captures NY as I remember it

4. Nice one Dmitrii. It must have been pretty dark. Did you use a tripod? It doesn’t look like a long exposure – 1/2 sec? – judging by the people standing in the background. And did you use HDR – the buildings are so sharp? Love to know how you did it. I can’t see my D70 getting that shot.

yes, tripod is a must for this type of shot. this is HDR made from 5 brackets from -2 to +2. The cars you see came from two different brackets

5. Fantastic picture – makes me want to go back to NY right away!! Many thanks for stopping by my page (www.midihideaways.wordpress.com), glad you liked the latest post!

6. Wonderful!! I love NYC. Great work.

7. Lori DiNardi says:

Great photo. You should give photography lessons. I’d pet people would wait in line for your classes. I know I would.

8. Zhongmin Li says:

Love the color and motion.

9. So bright, even at night. That would be a challenge to capture, especially with the traffic action.

10. Beautiful photo ! Times Square is a busy busy place, but so fun ! I adore New-York City !

11. Virginia says:

I love your picture!!! Captures NYC perfectly! I agree with Lori, you should teach photography classes!

12. Love NYC–amazing photo. Totally captures a moment in the city!

13. This is a great pic. You have really captured the atmosphere and drama.

14. Another great shot!

15. rommel says:

Me wants to go to New York. Me wants to cross street with the crowd. Me not want to get hit by speedy cars.

16. sunnysmile says:

Thank you for this photo. I love NYC to tears. Literally, cry every time I remember it. But thank you nonetheless! :-)

17. Shelley says:

Thanks for explaining how you got that shot. Great job.