One and Only

Asheville’s Famous

Over weekend we did an overnight trip to Asheville to see if gardens at the Biltmore Estate are any good. I think we missed all the tulips and other early spring flowers. All the new flowers are just starting to bloom, roses are getting there, probably going to be in nice bloom couple weeks from now. I took a few photos but so far can not find anything that I like, very frustrating.

Double Decker Coffee Bus

After sunset we went back to downtown to grab some food and right next to our restaurant there was this “Asheville’s Famous One and Only Double Decker Coffee Bus”, and don’t take my words for it, it what their sign says, and I kind of agree with it.

By the time we finished dinner they were already closed. The following morning we tried to hit it for breakfast, but they did not open till 11AM. So I do not know if their coffee is “one and only” as well, maybe next time.

This entry was posted in Asheville, HDR, Nikon D90, North Carolina and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to One and Only

1. J. Haag says:

Great! Is this the “Knight bus” from Harry Potter?

2. NikkiAnne says:

Gorgeous shot, Dmitrii, and charming subject. But wait until 11am for my first cup of coffee…..what world are these people from? :)

3. Love the bus – shame their hours are odd.

4. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    I love it, what a fantastic idea. :D
    A great photo.

5. rainey says:

Nice pic! Asheville has much beauty in quirky places. ~Rainey

6. The image of the bus is so mysterious. It could be in a movie.
    It would have been cool to see the inside. Maybe, I’ll take a
    trip to Asheville. I’ve gotten the Bitlmore Estates e – mail promo’s for
    Christmas vaca’s and it always looked very beautiful. Thanks for the info.
    Very enjoyable …
    Isadora

yes, it is mysterious, probably a bit cramped inside. Biltmore is pretty cool, it is a huge estate, if happen to be in Asheville then make sure to visit it, and make sure to allocate enough time, the entrance is more than $60, not cheap, for a short visit. We got 12 month membership for less than $100, two visits will pay for it.

7. Zhongmin Li says:

Very nice color!

8. mandaray says:

Ah, what a gorgeous picture. Well taken. :)

9. Ashville is beautiful and I loved visiting Biltmore! We were there in the summer about 9 years ago and I so wish I had taken more photos! I would love the chance to visit again! However I am in Oklahoma and travel about twice a year. this summer, North Carolina is not my destination….but I love the memories I have. A dream photoshoot would be period dress or steam punk or renaissance at Biltmore mansion and gardens! Thanks for sharing! The double decker bus photo is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

10. Find Focus says:

Fantastic shot!!! I love the lighting and pops of color you’ve captured. :)

As warm as the winter was you probably would’ve had to be there in February to see the early spring flowers… lol! :) It’s hard to time it correctly either way. We tried to catch the roses in the Biltmore gardens year before last and were a little late for them. It ended up being a fantastic trip, however, because my husband took the opportunity – roses or not – to propose to me there! :)

11. waoh! Love the bus!! I hope i get a chance to visit there….but wait till 11am for coffee…..isn’t it a bit too late?!

12. your shots are stunning! I have a slide show of a walk I took at our place in Asheville… it’s a great place to wander…you would have liked the River Arts District.