Pittsburgh Lights

I have heard that Pittsburgh has less sunny days than Seattle. Everyone thinks that Seattle is pretty gloomy, where would it put Pittsburgh then? We were driving through Pittsburgh and I really wanted to get a shot of it. As you can guess, it was rainy and gloomy and not very pleasant outside. Also, it was right around midnight too. But if one wants to get a photo, one should get a photo, no matter what the outside conditions are out there, right?

So here you go, the first photo from that night. This one is definitely better viewed in higher resolution.

This entry was posted in Daily Photo, HDR, Nikon D90, Pittsburgh and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Pittsburgh Lights

1. Seasweetie says:

Great photo! I think Pittsburgh gets a bum rap. It’s really a lovely city, and that view when you emerge from the tunnel, especially at night, is magnificent. Where were you when you shot this?

Thanks! We were at the top of the mountain near the sculpture – two people, not sure who they are, was too dark and rainy to pay attention to it.

2. With the conditions you were working under, this is a beautiful shot. I think the haze actually adds to the appeal of the photo. Nice job!

3. What an amazing shot… Well done!

4. MakeSomethingMondays says:

I am from Pittsburgh and I think you did a great job capturing the city lights. It looks like you were on top of Mount Washington looking down. Fabulous picture!

5. Excellent shot, I’m from Pittsburgh and always love seeing this view of the city.

6. thesweetkitten says:

Wow! What a great shot! I am going to try to do something similar in Brussels :-)

7. S Joe says:

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

8. Maggie Griffin says:

Looks like a photo you’d see in a magazine….or framed on the wall of the Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce! Well done, Dimitrii.

9. I admire your will… I find myself really lazy in crappy weather, shame on me :(
    Oh great photo by the way :)

I know, it is a bit nuts, but getting those photos in different places is not an easy task, so have to take advantage of opportunities whenever I have one, which does not happen to often.

10. Walking-Girl says:

A beautiful night shot. I would have been too lazy to get a photo under these circumstances. ;-)

11. narhvalur says:

A very cool and arty photo! Ann ( Something that you would like to have upon your wall):)))

12. I like the detail in the christmas tree by the waterside :D

13. iamkim says:

You always take me to a place I wanted to be… I somehow feel like I’ve been there :)

14. Alex Autin says:

Woohoo!! Great shot!

15. What we won’t do for a photo. The gloomy weather actually adds to the surreal quality of this image. Excellent work.

16. doudou says:

Beautiful shot! Pittsburgh is a fun town :)

17. Stunning night scene.
    Perfect exposure, and great details on the photo.
    Nicely done!

18. Shayna says:

I’ve never been. Now I’ve GOT to go! Stunning view of the city!

19. SanVar says:

Stunning !!!! Amazing shot !

20. Pingback: Christmas in Pittsburgh | Travel Photography by Dmitrii Lezine

21. gulmuhor says:

i lived in Pittsburgh for 5 years and its such a nice place to live….great to the burgh from your lens…you have great photos..

pittsburgh has 4 season which you won’t find it anywhere, winter, winter, more winter and road construction…..:D

22. fgassette says:

Beautiful shot of my city. This photo was taken on Mt Washington, a great tourist site to see the city. The statue you were near was the one of George Washington and the Seneca leader Guyasuta. http://francineinretirement.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/img_1516aaa.jpg
    Thanks for sharing our city.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!